Mom “mortified” after spotting “hairy” object in Aldi baby food

0

A mom said she was “disgusted” after finding what she believed to be a tuft of hair in an Aldi stew she was serving her son.

Jemma Gallimore of Holmes Chapel says she was about to feed her 11 month old son Fred Millard Mamia Beef Stew with a microwave meal when she came across an unknown item that she said “looked like and looked like hair “in the food.

Aldi said its supplier has strong procedures in place to ensure that foreign objects do not enter the product and said the item is believed to be vegetable roots, but that they will investigate.

Read more: Mum’s fear of fruit causes her “heart to pound” and her throat “to close”

Jemma, 30, said she first found a smaller strand of “hair” before removing a “massive chunk” of the sauce, leaving her terrified that her son might have choked on the object. “fat and hairy”, reports the Liverpool Echo.

Now she wants to raise awareness of her ordeal as she fears that other babies will suffocate if “vegetable roots” are found in other food jars, which she says are still on her shelves. local store.

Jemma said: “I was absolutely mortified. He will never have a meal like this again. I’ll make sure.

“Fred had a spoon and then looked unsure, pulling the food out of his mouth. I went to give him another and saw a little ‘hair’ on it.

“I pulled that, then another and it pulled out this big chunk. I was like ‘what did I just feed my child?’

“How I didn’t even notice on the first one, I have no idea. It’s disgusting.

“The way it is and how it feels, it looks like a horse’s mane. It was pretty big and furry.



Hair-like ‘root’ tuft found in Aldi Mamia Organic Beef Stew

“It’s not what you’d expect in baby food. It’s the same size as an AA battery. It was probably about two and a half inches long where it attaches.

“I put it aside and thought ‘no way.’ Looking at the meal again, there was all simple ‘hair’ in it.

“If you think about it realistically, he’s only small and he’s very lucky to have eight teeth and can literally annihilate food like nobody’s business, but it could have choked him. Fred could still s. ‘suffocate with that. “

After spotting the unwanted extra at Fred’s dinner party, Jemma called his partner Mark Millard, 39, to let him know about the chilling discovery and later that evening Jemma claims their son had an upset stomach. .

Jemma said: “I took it immediately. There is no way I can go shopping at Aldi again.

“I called Mark and said ‘I’m absolutely disgusted.’ I showed him and he went straight to Aldi. He called them before he even got home. Fred was also up at night with some kids. stomach aches .

“I don’t know if he swallowed any and I can’t be 100% sure, but he got it at 5pm and woke up at 11:30 pm screaming in pain.

“His stomach was rumbling, you could hear it, so we gave him a bottle and Nurofen and he settled back.

“He usually doesn’t do that. He has a dairy allergy, so we watch everything he eats anyway.

“He’s fine now. It was as if everything he had eaten had hurt his stomach.

Jemma has now urged Aldi to recall the article because she feared the “dangerous” addition could cause another child to suffocate, after finding more meals still on the shelves.

Jemma said, “We sent the food back on Monday. We’ve been growing potatoes for years and everything. I don’t think it’s from a root.

“I actually bit into it on Monday because I was curious to see if they still had it on the shelf and they did.

“I don’t understand why they don’t temporarily stop selling them. Surely for a few euros it would be worth saying ‘let’s check it out and make sure they’re all okay.’

“I think it’s really a little selfish. Dangerous.

“It looked like hair and came out like hair. I can’t wait to see what it is if they get it tested. Maybe we should have had it tested ourselves in private.”

A spokesperson for Aldi said, “Our supplier has robust processes in place to prevent foreign matter from entering production and believes this to be part of a natural plant root.

“We apologized to the customer that this product did not meet our usual high standards and provided a full refund.”


Source link

Share.

Leave A Reply